We are licensed for 13 toddlers, ages 16 to 33 months, and we adhere to a 1:7 ratio.
Here is the “Welcome to the Toddler Room” Newsletter.
Classroom Goals and Activities (for ages 16 months to 33 months)
- Learning empathy, showing aggression, sharing, and stubbornness
- Playing parallel to others
- Furthering independence and given choices
- Playing in dramatic play
- Movement and dance
- Books, books, books!
- Circle Time – songs, books, and finger plays in a large group setting
- Rhyming, naming, and reading
- Teaching language skills and being involved in conversation
- Colors, shapes, and counting
- Outdoor and/or large muscle play twice daily
- Jumping, hopping, skipping, riding, pushing, and pulling
- Climbing on climbers and sliding down slides
- Water play in the summer!
- Throwing, stacking, nesting, cutting, and eye-hand coordination
- Self-help skills – washing hands, toilet training, putting on own clothing for outdoor play, eating appropriately and using a regular cup
- Immersion in art and sensory experiences to enhance every day!
- Continuing to develop trust in those around them
- Participating in prayer before mealtime
- Once weekly Chapel with Pastor Jason (Associate Pastor of HNLC)
- Being taught simple Bible stories, songs, and basic Christian concepts
700-730 A.M.: Combined Free Play
730-830 A.M.: Toddler Free Play & Art
830-845 A.M.: Circle Time
845-915 A.M.: Breakfast
915-945 A.M.: Diapering, Music & Movement
945-1000 A.M.: Language Arts
1000-1030 A.M.: Art
1030-1115 A.M.: Outside/Large Muscle
1115-1130 A.M.: Wash Hands, Storytime
1130 A.M.-1215 P.M.: Lunch
1215-1245 P.M.: Diapering
1245-300 P.M.: Naptime
300-330 P.M.: Snack
330-400 P.M.: Diapering, Sensory
400-430 P.M.: Circle Time, Songs
430-515 P.M.: Outdoor/Large Muscle
515-600 P.M.: Combined Free Play