We are licensed for 10 infants, ages six weeks to 15 months, and we adhere to a 1:4 ratio.
Here is the “Welcome to the Infant Room” Newsletter.
Classroom Goals and Activities (ages 6 weeks to 15 months)
- Forming a bond with their caregivers and having basic trust
- Playing simple games
- Recognizing others by name and face
- Imitating actions and sounds
- Playing independently
- Forming friendships
- Giving hugs and kisses!
- Vocalization (including crying, babbling, and learning to speak)
- Stacking rings and nesting cups
- Scribbling with crayons and other art media
- Self-help skills
- Follow simple commands
- Progress from lying to rolling, to sitting, to creeping, to standing, to walking!
- Grasping objects and releasing them
- Reaching for items
- Turning pages of books
- Throwing items
- Building and dumping toys
- The children will develop a sense of trust in adults and in their surroundings. They are learning that they are loved. We provide the children with books, songs, and stimuli that will strengthen and enrich their spiritual life.
We practice an “on demand” schedule in our Infant Room. This means that each child is given what they need, exactly when they need it. When your child first starts, it is important that you provide us with an outline of a schedule that your baby generally follows. We will try our best to adhere to your baby’s schedule; however, since infants grow at such a fast rate, their schedule is constantly changing, and we will adapt it as needed, even on a daily basis. Naps and mealtimes will fluctuate depending on your baby’s needs each day. Each and every day, every baby is given one-on-one attention and love, by being held, rocked, and played with on the floor.